You might be under the assumption that the only way to advance your career is to move upward. At Ultimate Marketing, LLC, we think differently. There are a number of ways you can achieve professional success and satisfaction. Here are some examples:
• Organizational Change: This is the most drastic move you can take. If you decide you your workplace doesn’t suit your career goals, you can seek opportunities elsewhere.
• Stationary Development: Staying in the same place may not seem like it could yield much success, but we at Ultimate Marketing, LLC can attest that there’s great value in it. Consider all the ways you can still develop in your role.
• Downward or Backward Movement: There’s no shame in stepping down from a position. In fact, you might find that it reduces your stress and allows you more energy to assess your goals and redirect your efforts.
• Exploratory Effort: An exploratory career move is likely to be temporary. It will give you just enough time to consider other options and determine which trajectory is right for you. Use it to try different projects, do some research, and hold some informational interviews.
• Horizontal Transition: Moving laterally within your company gives you opportunities to expand your expertise. There are plenty of new responsibilities and challenges to embrace in this common career move.
Keep these points from Ultimate Marketing, LLC in mind as you take the next step in your career.